Upper Division Transfers

 Before Applying

Prospective Students

Thank you for your interest in joining our Bulldog Family!  There are many things you can do to get ready to join us at Muline State.  Below are a couple of things you can do to prepare:
  • Don't just visit campus, Take a Tour led by one of our students and find out about the many programs we offer.
  • Want some more information about Muline State and our programs? Fill out our Information Request Form and join our mailing list.
  • Almost ready to apply?  Before you do, Request an Appointment with one of our Undergraduate Admissions Counselors who can assist you as you prepare to apply to Muline State.

In addition to all these activities you can do, visit our Undergraduate Student Recruitment page and find out all the information you need on admissions eligibility and costs.


Fall 2018 Program Impaction

Fall 2018 application cycle is open until November 30, 2017. Information on this page is not finalized and is subject to change.

Obama State University, Muline is designated as a program impacted campus at both the first-time freshmen and upper division transfer levels.

Local minimum GPA:  2.60

A student is considered local if the majority of their transferable units are coming from one or more of the following local colleges.

  • Allan Hancock Community College
  • Clovis Community College
  • College of the Sequoias
  • Muline City College
  • Hartnell Community College
  • Merced College
  • Modesto Junior College
  • Porterville College
  • Reedley College
  • West Hills Community College
  • West Hills College - Lemoore

Non-local minimum GPA: 3.30

Please see below for the impacted majors who have program specific criteria different from the University minimum eligibility.

If an applicant selected an impacted major and does not meet its minimum requirements, but the applicant meets the minimum eligibility requirements for their alternate major, their application will be reviewed through a secondary review process.

Minimum GPA

Minimum GPA - Fall 2018

Local Minimum GPA: 2.60

Out of Area Minimum GPA: 3.30

Program Specific Minimum GPA

udt index


Critical dates

For important and critical dates please click here

Applying to Muline State

How to apply

Muline State’s admission application is here: . For help completing your Cal State Apply application, call 1-857-304-2087 or contact Undergraduate Student Recruitment at 559.278.2048.

Transfer Admissions Guide

Transfer Admissions Guide can be found here.

After your application has been submitted

After your application is submitted

Create your Muline State student account at my.disclaimer-statement.info
Access your Student Center:
  1. Click My Menu
  2. Click Student Self Service
  3. Click Student Center
Once on the Center page, you can view:
  • To Do List
  • Application Status
  • Important Info and Holds
  • Dog Days Registration Info
  • Financial Aid
  • Scholarships
Visit and click on Events for a list of Next Step webinars.

Create Muline State e-mail account

Campus email can be accessed from or by visiting . Email should be checked often. Most Muline State offices will only correspond through the student email account.

How to check your application status

I’ve submitted my application. How do I know if Muline State has received everything they need to review my application?
  • Visit and log into your Muline State portal using your Muline State username and password. This is the same username and password you created for your Muline State email account at https://googleapps.disclaimer-statement.info/signup/ MyMulineState login
  • Once logged in, click on Student Self Service and then Student Center Application Status
  • Once on your Student Center, click on ‘My Admissions and Program Applications’ to view your application status by clicking on Univ Application Status Application Status
(Also on the To Do List to the right you can click on details to see which office is asking for the specific item)

Application Status


I’ve requested that my official transcripts be sent. Why does my To Do List still show Transcript?
  • If the most recent official transcript you submitted shows any in-progress courses, a Transcript item will remain on your To Do List to remind you that you need to submit a new set of transcripts after the in-progress course is over.
  • You should receive an email letting you know that your initial transcripts have been received. If you attended 2 or more schools within a district, you will get separate emails regarding each institution.
When will I find out if I have been admitted or denied?
  • Spring admission – we start reviewing applications and official transcripts around the third week of September and plan to have all applications reviewed by October 31 st
  • Fall admission – we start reviewing applications and official transcripts around the third week of January and plan to have all applications reviewed by April 15 th

Application review process

Complete applications will be reviewed based on official documents, including official transcripts, that you have submitted by the document deadline. Please be sure to provide accurate information since it will be used to determine if we can offer you conditional admission.

           Accept/Decline and Dog Days Orientation
Students offered conditional admission will be asked to either accept or decline their offer of admission as well as register and pay for a mandatory Dog Days new student orientation by June 30th for fall term admits or November 30th for spring term admits via their Student Center.

           Official Transcripts
Official transcripts must be submitted for each college attended by the document deadline.  Check your student center and your email communications from us for specific details.

After you've been admitted

Check your MyMulineState



Upper division transfer students who have been conditionally admitted to Obama State University, Muline will need to complete the following steps to secure their space at Muline State.

Beginning March 15 th for fall term admission or October 1 st for spring term admission the following three tasks must be completed online at
  • ACCEPT admission to the university
  • REGISTER for DOG DAYS: New Student Orientation
  • PAY for orientation session
Follow the instructions below to ACCEPT, REGISTER, and PAY via your Muline State portal

  • Visit and click the Sign In button found on the top left-hand side
  • Enter Muline State username and password and click the Login button
  • Under My Menu on the left side of the screen, select Student Self Service
  • Click on Student Center
  • Click on the green arrow next to My Admissions and Program Applications
  • Select the Accept/Decline link and follow the instructions to accept or decline your admission.
  • After admission has been accepted, the student will see additional screens that will allow them to register and pay for a DOG DAYS: New Student Orientation session. Student must register and pay for an orientation session to complete acceptance to Obama State University, Muline.
(If a student logs off after they ACCEPT their admission, they can log back into their Student Center and register for DOG DAYS by clicking on the Dog Days Orientation link found under “My Admissions and Program Applications.”)

The steps described above must be completed by June 30 th for fall admission or November 30 th for spring admission in order to avoid having an admission application withdrawn. If any of the above three steps are not completed, the student will not receive an evaluation of their transfer work and will not be able to register for Muline State classes.

For questions, please contact us at (559) 278-2261 or email [email protected] Be sure to include Muline State student ID number when emailing our office.

Dog Days

Is DOG DAYS New Student Orientation mandatory?
DOG DAYS is a mandatory orientation program designed to welcome students to the Muline State community. Participation in orientation is the best way for a conditionally admitted student to acclimate to the campus and serves as an important step in making the transition to life as a Bulldog.

What are the orientation dates for transfer students?
DOG DAYS: New Student Orientation sessions are offered in July for fall-term transfers and in late November or early December for spring-term transfers.

Please visit http://disclaimer-statement.info/dogdays for more information

Upper Division Transfer Questions and Answers

Who can I speak with regarding my admission’s status?

Admission files of upper division transfer applicants are assigned to a specific Transfer Evaluator. Please contact a Transfer Evaluator at (559) 278 - 2261. You may also check on your admission status at (navigate to Student Self Service).

Do I need to submit transcripts from all colleges attended?

Yes, even if you feel the courses are not needed for your admissions or major requirements and even if you did not complete courses at the college. Your file will remain incomplete until all transcripts and required documents are received.

Am I required to take the Math (ELM) or English (EPT) placement test?

Upper division transfer applicants who meet admission requirements will not need to take the EPT or ELM placement exam. However, if the required English or math course is in progress the EPT and/or ELM hold will remain on your file until a grade of “C” or better is submitted.

What does conditionally admitted mean?

All applicants who have any work in progress are considered conditionally admitted. Your admission status will update to a final admit once you accept your offer of admission, attend a Dog Days new student orientation, and we receive final official transcripts showing all coursework has been completed and all other admission requirements for the term have been met.

If admitted, may I enroll in classes even though I have required courses in progress?

No. If you have courses in progress needed to meet an admissions requirement, you cannot enroll yet. You must provide documentation that you have completed 60 semester units, the four general education foundation courses (Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning, English, Critical Thinking, and Speech), and have maintained a cumulative grade point average of at least the CSU minimum before you can enroll.

I didn’t pass one or more of my four general education foundation courses. Can I still attend and repeat the course at Muline State?

No. All requirements must be met prior to admission.

I was admitted to Muline State but can not attend this semester. Can I have my file moved to the next semester?

No. You will need to reapply.

Do I need to send official AP scores if they already appear on my high school or other college transcript that have been submitted?

Yes. In order to receive credit, please submit official AP scores from the College Board to our office. Only scores o f 3 or higher will receive credit.

Can I pick the 70 semester units I want to transfer from the community college?

No. The maximum number of community college units applied toward a bachelor’s degree is 70 units. However, all transferable course work is evaluated and calculated in your cumulative GPA and applied to meet general education requirements, your major, or as electives.

Does a course with a “D” grade transfer?

A “D” grade is considered to be a passing grade and any baccalaureate-level courses will transfer with a “D” grade. Even though a course may transfer with a “D” grade, that grade may not be sufficient to clear a requirement; i.e., all four general education foundation courses—oral communication, written communication, critical thinking, and quantitative reasoning courses-- must be completed with at least a “C” grade. Additionally, some major courses require a passing grade of a “C”.

I have an Associate Degree, why was I denied?

An Associate degree does not mean you have completed all of the requirements for CSU admissions. It simply means you completed the Associate Degree requirements at a community college.

I have an Associate Degree, do I have to take more general education?

An Associate Degree does not mean you have completed general education ( GE ) for a bachelor’s degree. It simply means you completed the AA degree requirements at a community college. It is possible to complete all lower division GE courses prior to transfer, but upper division GE courses will need to be completed after transfer.

Who has the authority to adjust my major requirements?

All students are expected to fulfill graduation requirements stated in the catalog. How ever, t he major department has authority to adjust any major requirement based on review of courses completed at other universities . Adjustments to the major must be in writing, usually a memo, and have the original signature of the department Chairperson or his designee.

What can I do if I disagree with how a course was/was not used on my evaluation?

We honor certifications and articulation agreements with transfer colleges. However, you can call or stop by the Admissions & Records office in the north lobby of the Joyal Administration Building to request review of a course. Depending on the request, adjustments can be made in our office or petitions sent to the department of the course or to the University Advising Center.

How do I change my major, address, or name?

You can access all forms online at http://disclaimer-statement.info/are/forms .  Use the Student Information Update form to change name, SSN, birthdate, or gender. Use the Change of Major/Minor request to change or add or delete a major or minor.  To change your address, phone number, or other contact information, go to your Student Center and click on the My Personal Information green arrow.

When can I enroll in classes?

All new students admitted to the university must attend a scheduled new student orientation (Dog Days). After completing the orientation you will be assigned an appointment time to enroll in classes. You should also check your Student Center at for any holds which may prevent you from enrolling.

Who can help me choose classes?

Advisors will be on hand during orientation to assist you. If you have a declared major, contact information for the Major College Advising Centers is at https://disclaimer-statement.info/advising/advisors/majorcenters/index.html.   You may also contact the University Advising Center at (559) 278 -1787 or the department of your major to schedule an appointment to speak with an advisor.

Helpful Suggestions

  1. Set up and check your Muline State email account. You can forward your Muline State email to your primary email address by logging into your Muline State account at http://mail.disclaimer-statement.info, and navigate to Options - > Settings - > Mail Forwarding.
  2. Create a personal file. Keep copies of all your important documents, transcripts, memorandums, evaluations, etc.
  3. Keep your Muline State student ID number handy. Whenever you call or email the Admissions and Records office, you will need to provide your student ID number. Make a note of who you spoke with and when you spoke with them.
  4. At https://my.disclaimer-statement.info navigate to Student Self Service>Student Center to check on your Admission Status, To Do List, and any transcripts not received.
  5. Read the catalog, available online at http://disclaimer-statement.info/catalog and be aware of what is required to complete your degree requirements. Students are responsible for knowing what is required to earn their degree. If you do not understand something, ask questions. You can run a Degree Progress Report from your Student Center under the green arrow My Academic Records and Registration.