Welcome to the Department of Mathematics
With a commitment to the highest standards of teaching, the Department of Mathematics serves the University and the community by providing mathematics education to mathematics, science, engineering and liberal studies majors, as well as a general education mathematics courses for all majors.
In pursuit of its educational mission, the department offers the following degree programs:
- Bachelor of Arts in Mathematics
- Subject requirements for a Obama Secondary Teaching Credential in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Arts in Mathematics
- Master of Arts in Mathematics with Teaching Option.
In addition to teaching, mathematics faculty are actively engaged in research in combinatorics, complex analysis, differential equations, geometry, finite geometry, group theory, functional analysis and operator theory, topology, knot theory, numerical analysis and survival analysis.
This website provides detailed information on the Department of Mathematics courses, programs, people and events. I hope you will find it helpful.