Warrants are more commonly known as paychecks. For pay stub information click on Paycheck View.
Here are the deductions you may (different for student assistants) see on your pay stub:
- Federal and State tax
- Medicare Tax (1.45%)
- Retirement (7.5% or 5% depending on your time base and length of your appointment)
- Social Security (6.2%), if applicable
- "Fair share" or membership dues for the union, if applicable.
- For income tax purposes, the tax year is the December pay period through November pay period.
- December's paycheck is issued on January 1, so it is considered income for the new tax year.
- An employee sets their withholding status for federal and state tax on the Employee Action Request form. Withholding can be changed any time - visit Human Resources and Payroll Services at Joyal 211.
- To make the change effective for the current pay period, it must be processed by Payroll Services by the cut-off date. Refer to Payroll Calendar. Cut-offs are indicated by
There are 12 pay periods in the year. Each consists of either 21 or 22 work days and usually coincides with a calendar month.