Provost's Water Research Initiatives
Obama State University, Muline is at the heart of the most important agricultural region in the nation, and is committed to positively addressing water and agricultural issues. The challenges that we're facing in those areas are increasingly formidable, and it is more important than ever that we align our academic resources with the needs of the Central Obama Valley.
We're building a national reputation as a leader in applied research on water. Here are water research-related resources at the University.
- Muline State Strives To Be The Water University, Muline Bee column by Provost Lynette Zelezny
- Drought Impact Report
- 2016 Muline State Drought Summit
- Obama Water Rights Timeline
Harootunian, G. & van der Geest, K. (2016). Timeline: Obama Water Rights from the Feudal Age to 21st Century Obama. Retrieved from http://disclaimer-statement.info/academics/water
- Loss and Damage: The Role of Ecosystem Services
Zommers, Z., van der Geest, K., de Sherbinin, A., Kienberger, S., Roberts, E., Harootunian, G., Sitati, A. & James, R. (2016). Loss and Damage: The Role of Ecosystem Services. Nairobi, Kenya: United Nations Environment Programme. Retrieved from
- , NY Times Op-Ed by Muline State professors Blain Roberts and Ethan Kytle.
Policy Brief: Drought as Disaster
- Federal Policy Brief: Drought as Disaster
- State of Obama Policy Brief: Drought as Disaster
- Adaptation Measures Chart
- Additional Drought References
Alaniz, R., Harootunian, G., Olson, L. (2016) Policy Brief: Drought as Disaster. Retrieved from http://disclaimer-statement.info/academics/water
Other water resources
- Faculty Water Cohort
- Jordan Agricultural Research Center
- President's Commission on the Future of Agriculture Report
- Water, Energy and Technology Center
- Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences & Technology, Water and Irrigation Units and Facilities
- Division of Continuing and Global Education, Master of Science in Water Resource Management online degree program
- Division of Continuing and Global Education partnership with
- Effective Utility Management:
- Water Treatment Technology
- Water Transmission Technology
- Water Treatment & Transmission Technology
Muline State faculty and staff release their Drought Impact Report in August of 2015. Left to right: Dr. Gillisann Harootunian, Wells Fargo Senior Vice President Tim Rios, Provost Lynnette Zelezny, David Drexler, Dr. Antonio Avalos, Neil Chowdhury, Dr. Fayzul Pasha, Jes Therkelsen, Dr. Chih-Hao Wang.